“When do I start making money as a coach? What can I expect?” I hear this a lot from coaches just starting out. The truth is this… you’ll make money as quickly as you decide. There is no “average” time frame to make money as a coach.
I’ve seen the journey to 6-figures take on so many different forms for so many different coaches…
- I have seen coaches who take months and others who have taken years trying to decide on what niche they want to help.
- I’ve seen coaches who are so vague on their offer that nobody understands what it is – so of course people aren’t buying because they don’t know that it has the power to change the exact situation they’re stuck in.
- I’ve also seen coaches who are scared to put their compelling offer out there in the first place for fear that they did all that work and are afraid that people won’t like it enough to join – therefore creating that exact result (no clients).
- I’ve seen coaches who are stuck at a cap of $5k/mo for their entire coaching career… when $30k/month can be so easy (and even more if they want) with just a few tweaks.
- I’ve seen coaches who choose a niche, create an offer, get it out there, sign a client or two, get lots of “no’s” on their offer and then think the first two clients were a fluke so they must have it all wrong. Then they go back to the start and do it all over again – choose a new niche, create a new offer, get it out there, and the cycle repeats and they don’t gain any traction.
Then, on the other hand, I have seen coaches who get everything out there right away because they simply decide that they will. They refuse to run around in circles.
They decide on who they want to help.
They create their compelling offer.
And they get to work, getting that offer in front of the people who need it.
And they sign some clients and they make some money.
And they get some people telling them “no” and they refine their offer and make it better and they keep going.
And they sign even more clients and make even more money.
THAT is the way to build your income as a coach to multiple 6-figures because you’ve done the work to go deep on your messaging to attract more of your clients and make your offer so compelling that you get people saying yes to working with you without batting an eye.
Newer coaches ask this question, “when will I start making money?” – a lot, when they’re just starting their coaching business because they are trying to find some certainty since jumping into a new endeavor in building a business, feels so unknown. They want to know when it’s okay to go “all-in” and when they can plan on quitting their job, etc. They think that making money naturally follows a specific timeline, but here’s the truth, my friend – listen up! Whatever timeline somebody says it will take, it will end up taking *exactly* that long.
If someone says it will take 3 years, then it will take 3 years because that’s what you believe. If someone says it will take 2 years, it’ll take you 2 years. If they say a year, it’ll take you a year. If they say 6 months, it’ll take 6 months.
Making money as a coach does not follow a specific timeline, other than the one you decide. Because certainty is something we create because we decide to create it for ourselves. You simply need to decide how long it will take and choose to take exactly that long. And then go all-in creating what you want.
Right now, there are thousands of people who can easily become your clients. All you need to do is get in front of the right people with your compelling offer that they can’t imagine not having because of what it will GIVE THEM by how it will transform their life. When you get this right, then there’s no reason you can’t build your business as a coach to 6-figures over the course of a year, depending again, on how quickly you want to build. You’ll be able to sign coaching clients and earn $30k/mo when you have a super compelling offer and price yourself right.
These are all the exact things that I help women create inside of my program, 6-Figure Coach Academy which takes coaches to make $30k/months and up. I cover how to do everything step-by-step from how to hone in on your niche, to packaging up your offers, to how to build your audience of people who truly want to hear from you. I’ll show you the step-by-step of how to do everything you need to create multiple 6-figures as a coach and do so in only the number of hours you want to work each week (working 8-16 hours a week is typical for most the women I help). I’d love to have you join me!
I’d love to hear from you! Tell me your big ah-ha’s from today’s episode in the comments below or head on over to the Become a 6-Figure Coach Community on Facebook here. I’d love to cheer you on as you build your business to multiple 6-figures, create your 20 hour or less workweek, and make a lasting difference in the lives of your clients. Because THAT is why we do this work. See you there.